Butchertown Market, located on Story Avenue in the Butchertown area of Louisville,Kentucky, is home to an impressive list of businesses and shops. The building’s historical architecture provides a stately backdrop to the modern flair of its office, commercial and retail spaces. It’s ideally situated just seconds from downtown, close to access to all major highways, and features ample parking for visitors and tenants alike.
• Built early 1880, it was originally home to a leather tanning operation. . . . . . . .
• Sold to the Magic Flake Soap Factory in 1890. . . . . . . .
• The Lampton Paint Company purchased the building in 1910 and set up shop. Paint was made on the fourth floor and gravity fed to the 3rd, 2nd and 1st floors to be mixed, tinted and put into tins. . . . . . . .
• In 1949 the building was sold to the Caudill Seed Company. . . . . . . .
• Finally in 1997 the building was sold to Jakeland LLC. Since then it has seen massive renovations and improvements, and now houses 8,000 square feet of retail space. It’s home to over 20 tenants with needs ranging from light manufacturing facilities to loft office space. . . . . . . .